Hi guys! I’ve been getting a ton of messages and emails lately about my favorite spots to eat out at in NYC. I thought it would be best to include it all in a blog post here. As I’ve mentioned before, I don’t eat out a ton just because I love preparing my own food and it’s definitely more cost-effective. That being said, I definitely take full advantage of the amazing plant-based options New York City has to offer from time to time. I might add to this list in the future but I figured this is a great place to start. Enjoy!
62 W 56th St. New York, NY 10019
(They have 5 locations in NYC, this is the one I go to most)
- 100% Plant-based : )
- My top picks on the menu: Nutty Buddy wrap, Sweet Tree Roll, Mighty Mushroom Roll, Zen Salad
- No reservations needed, usually seating available
- Great option for a quick lunch or dinner
41 E 11th St. New York, NY 10003
- 100% Plant-based
- My top picks on the menu: So many options here but my go-to’s are the Fluffy Quinoa Salad and Chickpea Fries
- I haven’t been here for dinner but lunchtime isn’t usually too crazy
- Cute café atmosphere plus they have lots of vegan desserts!
8 E 18th St. New York, NY 10003
(17 Locations in Manhattan and Brooklyn)
- Plant-based options available
- Typically, long lines during peak lunch hour time. Pro-tip: Download the app and order on your phone in advance for quick pick-up
- I usually create my own salad here depending on what I feel like. My favorite add-in’s are kale, organic wild rice, spicy sunflower seeds, spicy broccoli, shredded cabbage, warm Portobello mix, avocado, housemade hummus, and hot chickpeas. Obsessed with the spicy cashew dressing!
28 E 18th Street New York, NY 10003
(Locations all over NYC)
- Almost all smoothies, juices and bowls are vegan
- Perfect post-workout spot
- My top picks: Joyful Almond smoothie is my all-time fave! It tastes like a milkshake! If I’m feeling all the greens, Mr. Greengenes is my JAM. I also love the XO Coco acai bowl.
154 E 79th St. New York, NY 10075
- 100% plant-based
- Definitely one of the pricier and fancier of the options that I’ve listed
- Great for date night!
- My top picks: Mezze platter, Grilled Kale Salad
- They serve Kombrewcha!
48-19 Vernon Blvd Long Island City, NY 11101
(One of my fave local spots in Queens but they have locations in Manhattan also)
- Not 100% plant-based but great vegan options
- Perfect compromise if you are with non-vegans
- My top picks: Cali Fresh Salad, Guadalupe Burger, Sweet fries
- Beware: the brussel sprouts have bacon (I learned the hard way)
- The guacamole is amazing!
Hope this helps! Would love to hear your thoughts!
**(This post is not sponsored – just based on my personal experiences)