As the temperature drops, I’m craving ALL the comfort food. I’m especially dreaming of mac and cheese lately. I used Ripple pea milk and sweet potato to create a thick and creamy “cheese” sauce. This recipe is totally gluten-free and dairy-free! It’s perfect comfort food for those cold winter nights. Enjoy!
DAIRY FREE MAC AND “CHEESE” WITH BROCCOLI
1 cup boiled sweet potato (mashed)
1 cup Ripple unsweetened pea milk
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 box gluten-free pasta (I use chickpea pasta)
4 cups broccoli
- After boiled sweet potato has cooled, add sweet potato, pea milk, nutritional yeast, olive oil and spices to a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend approximately 1 minute or until sauce is created.
- Follow package instructions to cook pasta. Add chopped broccoli to the boiling water for the last 5 minutes of cooking. After pasta is cooked, drain pasta and broccoli.
- Add pasta and broccoli back to the same pot over low heat and add sauce. Gently stir for 5-7 minutes. Serve as is or with extra black pepper, sriracha, or paprika.
I’ve been working on creating a healthier chocolate chip cookie recipe to make for the holidays. This dark chocolate sea salt tahini cookie is perfect! The tahini is so rich and creamy and is amazing paired with dark chocolate chips. I definitely will be making these for all of the holiday parties I have coming up. They are seriously addicting! Hope you love them as much as I do!
DARK CHOCOLATE SEA SALT TAHINI COOKIES
Approx. 22 cookies
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- Heat oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients (except dark chocolate chips). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together egg, maple syrup, almond milk, tahini, coconut oil, tahini and vanilla,
- Gradually add dry mixture into wet mixture. Once dough is formed, fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Spoon dough into 1-inch rounds, place on parchment-lined baking sheet and gently press down.
- Bake cookies for approximately 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown
- Let cool, top with a sprinkle of extra sea salt and enjoy! (store in refrigerator or freezer)